Copywriting & Email Marketing Specialist
About the job
Working Hours: 9am – 6pm (Office and Remote) You may be required to work outside of these hours. The working pattern is flexible and can be 3-5 days office, 1-2 days working from home. Ultimately working hours and patterns must be executed in any way that helps you and the company achieve its goals and objectives.
We are currently looking for an experienced and tech-savvy Copywriter who has the ability to join and grow with a rapidly expanding business. You will be joining an organisation at an exciting time of accelerated growth where you will be pivotal in developing their collaborative, dedicated and entrepreneurial environment.
Operating at middle management level, the role is to write compelling, direct-response copy for multiple mediums and strategise & optimise email marketing flows. You will be responsible for all the written content across the website, video scripts, regular blogs, social media profiles (Facebook page, private Facebook group, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Google) and more. You might also be tasked with writing copy for the paid media we run (Facebook ads primarily).
As we expand, another major responsibility will be developing and continually optimising email marketing structures and strategies across different languages to maximise conversion rates and email marketing revenue. You will also be fully responsible for managing the brand positioning and website copy, as well as pumping out regular blog content to be leveraged in emails.
This role is operating within the Ecommerce B2C and B2B sector, and we are looking for someone with a track record of being an excellent copywriter specialised in direct response marketing that enjoys both being creative, but also strategizing, building structures and learning new skills.
- Your performance will be measured against these Objective Key Results (OKRs)
- Write and distribute over email 2 blogs per week;
- Write 70 short <1min video scripts / month (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok);
- Write 20 medium 1-2min video scripts / month (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok);
- Write 10 long >2min video scripts / month (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube);
- Work closely with the creative and marketing teams in order to prepare the content needed for video scripts, text on videos, description for social media postings and copy for paid ads;
- You must be able to research autonomously and extensively to always be implementing the best practices;
- Take 1-3 email marketing courses (paid by the company) and write content for basic email marketing flows (welcome flow, upsell flow, abandoned cart flow etc);
- Learn the basics of email marketing in terms of structure and strategy;
- You will be responsible for supporting the Branding Director in working with HR to add more people to the Copywriting & Email Marketing team;
- You will be responsible for systemising all repeatable tasks in clear SOPs;
We are looking for candidates with/that:
- Must be creative and passionate about writing compelling copy that leaves people moved and inspired;
- Must have an aptitude for strategic thinking or a strong wish to develop this skill more;
- Excellent at writing about the same product/brand from multiple angles;
- Excellent at direct response copywriting (inspiring the buyer to take action as soon as they’re finished reading);
- Excellent at storytelling in a way that keeps the reader/viewer engaged and propels them to action (i.e. buying);
- Must be able to sacrifice a creative point of view in favour of sales results (i.e. the type of communication/message that generates sales will be prioritised as long as it’s not damaging the brand image, regardless of personal / creative view);
- A flair for clear, efficient, constructive communication, both in your work and interpersonal within the team;
- Background in service industry or customer service is a major asset (great at understanding customer behaviour and managing customer expectations);
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Good organisation skills & Good leadership skills;
- Excellent digital and computers skills;
- Must be digitally savvy (able to learn new apps and use them effectively) and have a good understanding of technical aspects;
- Must be a team player, able to take on feedback and implement it quickly to achieve greater results;
- The ability to value and execute based on an idea meritocracy where the best ideas will get actioned;
- A desire for ongoing training to strengthen and learn new skills;
- Good at following set structures to create SOPs for all repeatable tasks;
- A natural attraction for professional and personal self development;
- Proficiency with other e-Commerce apps;
- Must have digital marketing experience and exposure;
- Strong familiarity with Google Drive suite of products (Sheets, Slides, Docs etc);
- Proficiency with email marketing in general and email marketing platforms;
About the company:
We are a fast growing global B2C and B2B ecommerce brand that’s disrupting our industry and making waves. We create unique new products and bring them to market using our high level storytelling and digital marketing skills. We champion innovation, creativity, systems and operational excellence, alongside having a strong emphasis on personal and professional development. We are growing our flagship office here in Romania and we welcome the best and brightest creative minds to join us on our whirlwind journey to the top!